Monday, February 10, 2014



February 10, 2014

Well, I AM TRAINING. I won`t find out until Wednesday who my companion is, but I am super excited and we are going to work hard.  I have no idea where she is from.... But someone from the mission home said that there was an Australian and Japanese sisters?  There are 3 sisters training.  I am excited to learn together, love the people, be diligent and really just give it our best.  I still don`t speak a lot of Japanese, but we will totally ganbaru through together.  Sister Silva, Elder Gibb and Elder Sambongi are all finishing their missions. So,I will miss them a lot. This last week, we spent a lot of time saying goodbyes to people and it made me a little bit sad, but mainly grateful.  I still have more time in Kariya and these people mean the world to me.  We visited lots of members and people that we teach and it was just a really good week.

So I never thought I would say this, but I actually drank beer last week......... One of the members gave it to us... He was a former bishop. So I figured it was okay. But, actually this beer was non- alcoholic so don`t you fret.  Fortunately for all of us, I thought it was disgusting.  Hahahaha.  I am finally starting to overcome my cold so I am absolutely stoked about that.

We had a music night ("bye bye party") with the missionaries from the Okazaki area and it was really great!  Some people did some solos.  I played the piano and the Spirit was so strong. A lot of people came that were non-members and I think that they probably felt something, because I sure did.

It is kind of funny because since all of the other missionaries are leaving everyone thinks that I am dying too!!!  I have learned so much these past few transfers with Sister Silva.  I think I have grown a lot too.  She taught me so much about showing love to everyone and helping people to feel like they are important.  She is absolutely hilarious and I will miss her daily dose of sunshine.  I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is always there for us, waiting for us and trying to help us.  All we have to do is ask for his help.  I think that this training experience is going to be super humbling, but I will do my best.  I am so grateful to know that I always have somewhere to go for help. I am super excited for my beanchan to come.

Love you!
Sister Crofts
Saying Goodbye to Sister Silva
Learning to make Chikano Shimais famous lasagna! 
FHE with the Tsukiyammas and Chika Chan

Hyoudo shimai and chikachan

The sugiuras are probably my favorite people ever. They gave missionaries alcohol free beer. haha

I wrapped a blanket around my head it is so cold
It snowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment