Monday, January 20, 2014



January 20, 2014

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So last week started amazing and ended even better. Last Monday, we went streeting with one of the ladies in our ward who was a returned missionary.  It was honestly so much fun.  We talked to so many people and we found several people who might have an interest in learning about the gospel.  She was absolutely hilarious and we learned a lot from her.

With sho gatsu coming to an end, our stomachs are starting to be normal again. However it is kind of funny because last week I guess I was sleep talking in Japanese about the foods I don’t like and can`t eat.  Hahaha

Last Wednesday, we went an hour and a half out by bike to a place we never had been and I totally found it!  I used the maps (yes please believe it dad) and I was able to lead and get us there.  We said a prayer right before we left and I felt the Spirit so strong and just knew how to get there.  It was so awesome and there are so many unseen gifts that you receive as a missionary.

Basically, every day is a test of faith. Every day, I wake up and  I say that I will do my best and give my heart to the Lord even if that means that I won`t find anybody who is interested in the gospel.   98% percent of the people we talk to every day have absolutely no interest in Christian religion, and that can be discouraging sometimes.  I am also trying so hard to learn Japanese, but it comes so slowly.  However,  I know the gospel is true and I know that each of these people need it. It is the most humbling experience and I am really learning that patience and trust in the Lord and His promised blessings does bring miracles. Every day, I pray that I can help God to see miracles.  Even if it just something as simple as telling someone that they are a child of God for the first time.  As I have been praying for miracles, something really beautiful happened. There is a woman in our ward who we have a really good relationship with.  We serve her, we love her and she knows that.  She brought her husband to church for the first time yesterday and he felt complete joy, overwhelming peace and wanted to be baptized NEXT WEEK. (He needs to come to church a few times first and then he can be baptized!)  Everyone was so excited and honestly couldn`t believe it.  She came up to me and said "Sister Crofts! Sister Crofts! I want you to teach my husband." Wow, I was so grateful. I couldn`t believe how much God blessed me and this family. Right after church we went to teach him. We tried to understand what he knew and he honestly knew nothing about God, Jesus, or the Book of Mormon. He said that he doesn't know anything, but the feeling he felt during church was so real and full that he knew this is what he needed.. He was so prepared and ready to accept the gospel.  Ahh.  Sister Nomura knows that I don`t speak perfect Japanese, but she didn`t care.  She knows that I love her, that I am doing my best, and I have the faith to help her husband and that is all that matters.  It really was an incredible miracle and I was so lucky to have that experience. We began teaching him yesterday right after church and he was just so humble, so eager to learn and understand the gospel, and so at peace. This gospel really is happiness.

Well, it`s been a good week!  This is short, but so much happened last week I can`t even make a dent on it. I love you!

Love,
Sister Crofts

 
Missionary work is work!
Temple in Anjo with the Tsuklyamas
Cutest family. Monica has great faith
First strawberry in a long time
Two of our cute friends from Vietnam
Fun FHE for Sho Gatsu with the Yoshidas. They play a game where they put a TON of wasabi in one of the sushi. I was the lucky sucker who ate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment